Your Tiverton wedding should be the most magical day of your life, as well as the dress and the cake, the location is a crucial part of the day. Many wish to celebrate their love in Devon and particularly seek wedding venues in and around Tiverton due to the truly poignant, English beauty of this popular town.
The ideal location…
Tiverton is the major town in Mid-Devon and is the home of Devon’s main river; The Exe. A naturally rural place, Tiverton offers the true feel of the countryside and a number of historical attractions for the ultimate scenic break.
As well as being an utterly romantic and historical town, it’s also easy to get to whether you live overseas or within the UK.
- By train – The main railway lines run to Exeter St David’s, many of which stop at Tiverton Parkway
- By road – Situated north of Exeter and South of Taunton, simply leave the M5 at junction 27.
- By air – Scheduled flights operate into Exeter Airport from many selected points around the UK. Taxi’s and buses to Tiverton are regular. Bristol airport is also less than 1hr drive away.
With plenty to do…
There is an abundant support of attractions around Tiverton that keep guests returning over and over again. After the wonderful celebrations of your wedding day, the beauty of Devon can be explored with your loved ones:
- Visit Tiverton Museum: A fascinating museum with outstanding collections.
- Visit Bickleigh Mill: For rural shopping and idyllic dining, Bickleigh Mill is one of Devon’s most exciting recreation destinations set within a working water mill.
- Visit the National Marine Aquarium: Indulge in the underwater world.
- Visit Dartmoor National Park: Forests, rivers and wonderful landscapes.
- Rent a boat: Pack a picnic and get lost in the romance of Tiverton in a motor-powered self drive rowing boat or canoe.
- Ride a balloon: Jump in a hot air balloon and view the beautiful town from a magnificent height.
And fantastic events that keep guests returning…
- Tiverton Ballroom Dancers: On the second Saturday of each month, Heathcoat Hall offers ballroom dancing 8pm-11pm with a bar and refreshments.
- Kia-Ora Farm & Gardens: A charming and peaceful garden with lawns, lakes and ponds. Home made teas and novelty crazy golf. Sun 10 Apr, Sun 7 Aug
- Comedy: Lee Nelson, Justin Moorhouse and Craig Campbell are heading down and will be giving the town a barrel of laughs this year!
- YeoFest Beer Festival: An annual event that provides games, beer and other entertainment. “The friendliest beer festival of the year”.
Discover Bickleigh Castle; the ultimate Tiverton wedding venue…
The character of Bickleigh Castle is perfectly enchanting. Set in the heart of Devon, it is a magical venue full of landscape charm. People have chosen to seal their love at the castle for hundreds of years due to its ability to provide something small and special or large and celebratory in a stunning location.
It’s the embodiment of romance…
Could it be the beautiful thatched chapel or the warmth and spirit of the countryside? At Bickleigh Castle, we hold indoor and outdoor weddings in Tiverton, meaning that your wedding day can be totally personal; everything is touched of romance, passion and love. We’re a 30 acre estate.
You can honour your love in luxury at this charming retreat. Bickleigh Castle is full of romance, offering picturesque views of the popular flowing rivers and the natural gardens, the natural scenery of the castle commits to a stunning Devon wedding experience. Bickleigh Castle is one of the ultimate wedding venues Tiverton, the opulence of the setting provides something memorable and elegant for yourself, your partner and your guests to cherish forever more.
With stunning surroundings…
The breathtaking landscape surroundings of the castle as well as the historical inside wonders mean that the venue is full of enchantment and grace; offering a truly stunning backdrop to indulge in the feeling of love as well as being idyllic for photographic purposes. Whether you’re inside or outside, the polished oak floorings and elegant acres of lawn provide Bickleigh Castle with that extra special touch.
As well as being the perfect location for a wedding ceremony, Bickleigh Castle offers the whole package to those seeking wedding venues Tiverton, we offer deluxe accommodation to guests as well as exquisite refreshments and a wonderful fun-filled reception to celebrate with the people you love in style and class.
If you’re interested in knowing more about Bickleigh Castle, please get in touch. We hold a truly peaceful and rustic setting in Tiverton, indulge in the loving magic with luxury weddings at Bickleigh Castle. We’re passionate about providing personal and sentimental ceremonies.