Live like a King & Queen for the weekend
Tie the knot at Bickleigh Castle the top Devon wedding venue! Download our wedding brochure.
You will have the opportunity to own your very own Castle wedding venue for your big day with our Exclusive Wedding package and you can even stay for the whole weekend. Here in England, we incredibly lucky to live in a country where we are surrounded by stunning and romantic Castles.
Some of the top Castles in England are Bickleigh Castle in Devon, Farnham Castle in Surrey, Clearwell Castle in Gloucestershire, Chiddingstone Castle in Kent and Cooling Castle Barn in Kent.
Get married in a Castle!
Here is a list of many reasons why a Castle wedding would be the idyllic wedding venue.
- The History behind the Castle
- Incredibly happy atmosphere
- Rustic and Grand Photography opportunities
- The WOW factor
- A vintage wedding venue
- English Castle’s normally have large grounds
- You could host a Royal banquet reception dinner
- Imagine a horse & carriage or vintage vesper driving along the driveway
- Some Castles offer Exclusive weddings
- They can have many Ceremony options
- Rural & photogenic surroundings
- An escape from modern city life
- The peacefulness
- Normally there is plenty of wedding accommodation on site
Here at Bickleigh Castle, we love making your day the most extravagant as possible. Fly your flags from the Castle two flagpoles, whether that be the flag of your country, a family crest or even your new surname like “Mrs & Mrs Jones”.
Engulf yourself in the history of the Castle Wedding Venue
Have a blessing after your ceremony in our 6th-century chapel than have your photos taken against the ancient background of the Castle Ruins, enjoy a five-star quality banquet in the same room where kings and queens have dined.
Castle wedding photo opportunities
Here is a list of photo requests you can give to your wedding photographer so that he can make the most of the venue and create timeless vintage photos.
- Line up the whole of the wedding party on the front lawn and take the picture with the Castle in the Background
- Gain some impressive photos by landing a Helicopter on the Castle lawn & arrive in style
- Gather everyone on the lawn and take a picture, from a Castle window with everyone with their hands in the air
- Have a photo of the Bride & Groom on the top of the Castle with the flags flying high
- The top natural choice is a picture of the bride and groom hand in hand strolling down the courtyard with the Castle backdrop behind.
- The bride from behind walking up towards the Castle would be a grand photo
- Bride & Groom leaning on the car with the Castle in the background
- Finally a picture of the bride within the Castle ruins
If you have any question or queries about getting married in a Castle or are considering it yourself, then please get in contact with our helpful team of wedding specialists.
Download our Wedding Brochure here